The mind creates the body.
You can achieve anything if you first believe that you can. Self-image is the way you see yourself, your attitude towards yourself, and what you think of yourself. We form our image from experience, from those experiences we make decisions, from those decisions, we create beliefs. Our actions are based on those believes.
It is important to recondition your thoughts about yourself to achieve success. It can be accomplished by changing your self-image. Here are a few steps that will help you with this:
- Journal – the studies has shown that people who journal have less distress and get clear vision about themselves and their own goals. Journaling changes the way how they behave towards themselves and others. The best time to journal is in the morning, when you just woke up, grab a piece of paper and stream your thoughts. Those thoughts come from your subconscious and sometimes it might surprise you what you have just written.
- Try Something New – doing the same thing over and over again can make you feel like stuck in the routine. By stepping outside your comfort zone and trying something new makes you feel like a new person. Focus on a new experience as it will help you create a sense of accomplishment and belief in yourself that you can achieve more.
- Think Positive – it is stated that about 75 % of our thoughts are negative ones. Start thinking only positive at any time of day: on your way to work, driving, going out for lunch with coworkers, making dinner.Try to say positive words. When you map yourself with a positive words – positive things will start happen in your life. Surround yourself with positive people as well. Their positive energy and support will help you to treat yourself in more positive way.
- Plan a Vacation – even it is over a year until you go- planning gives you something to look forward to and will keep you motivated
- Time Away From Work – do something exciting and relaxing, chores can wait
- Take Walk – find an area with nice and calming scenery and take a walk
- Read a Book – get a book you like to read,turn off all distractions: TV, radio, and computer, get a comfortable seat, cup of tea and cozy blanket and start reading
- Stretch – put on comfortable clothes and do breathing and stretching exercise from what you remember or check the in the video or book
- Call a Friend – think of someone you enjoy talking to and set a time and call them
- Soak in Warm Bath – run a warm bath with aromatic oils and salts, dim light, relax and soak for at least 30 minutes