Gluten-free, Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian, Grain free
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs of ground flax seeds
- 1 tbs of goji berries powder
- 4 tbs gluten free flour
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- 2 tbs of coconut oil if not using ceramic pan
Banana Raspberry Sauce
- 1 tbs of butter/ghee
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup of raspberries
- 1 – 2 frying pans, fork, spoon, whisk or blender
- Peel bananas and cut thinly then smash them a bit.
- Add egg, baking soda, apple cider vinegar, flax seeds, gluten free flour and goji berry powder.
- Mix all together. You can use fork, whisk or a blender. Blend it till smooth and creamy.
- The batter should have a consistency of sour cream.
- If needed add more flour or coconut milk.
- Heat the frying pan. If using regular one add 2 tablespoon of coconut oil. Ceramic pan is fine without it.
- Scoop one tablespoon of batter onto a frying pan for each pancake.
- When the bubbles burst flip the pancakes and cook till golden brown color.
- When ready transfer them on the plate and repeat the process
- Peel banana and cut thinly
- Heat the frying pan, use low heat and add butter and banana
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes stirring occasionally
- Add raspberries and maple syrup
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes stirring
You can make your own mix of gluten free flour: 2/3 of rice flour and 1/3 of potato flour. It brings glue like property similar to gluten. The most popular flour used for pancakes is almond flour. There is also an option to use walnut flour for nuttier flavor. If you do not have goji berry powder use more gluten free flour instead.
Banana is high in potassium and fiber.
Flax seeds give plenty of fiber
Banana and goji berry powder brings sweetness.
Goji berries are known as superfood with plenty of vitamins and minerals to boost up your immune system.
Instead of raspberries you can use 5-7 strawberries.
Pancakes itself are low to medium sweet. The banana and raspberry sauce gives the sweetness and moisture to them.